Most phones have done away with a 3.5mm headphone jack, and using an extra headphone adapter in between is a hassle. People prefer using Bluetooth headphones as no wires are required.
However, connecting your Bluetooth headphones to your phone or tablet can be a hassle if you don’t know how. Good news for you: we’ll cover all the steps required to connect your Bluetooth headphones to your Phone and Tablet.
We’ll also cover all kinds of Bluetooth headphones you can connect to and the process for different types of phones such as Android, ios, and tablets. Stay tuned to know everything.
What Kind of Headphones Can You Pair With Your Phone?
Bluetooth has advanced a lot. Firstly, Bluetooth technology was only restricted to Headphones, but more designs were introduced over time. Now there are several types of Bluetooth headphones you can connect to. Let’s take a look at some of them.
Headphones were the first to introduce Bluetooth technology, and they remain a classic. Their sound quality is unbeatable because of the large drivers or speakers they can accommodate.
They are also a staple in professional settings and are used by mixing engineers. Headphones can be mainly divided into two categories, over-ear and on-ear.
What you choose should be according to your preference.
2. Wireless Earbuds
The first ever pair of truly wireless earbuds were designed by a Japanese brand called Onkyo in 2015. They have been a hit ever since and have only advanced in technology.
Since most newer devices have let go of the 3.5mm headphone jacks, wireless earbuds have become even more popular than traditional wired earphones.
Their size makes them easy to carry anywhere, making them a popular choice among people who commute. Earbuds have even come out with ANC and other features, so they are not behind compared to headphones.
Wireless earbuds are great, but there’s always the fear of losing them, and they suffer when it comes to battery life because of their small size.
Neckbands are great because they provide a way better battery backup. You cannot lose them even if you try (unless you’re really careless). These are a great option if you’re into sports or outdoor activities.
How to Connect Your Bluetooth Headphones to a Phone (Android)
Here is how to connect your headphones to your Android phone.
1. Charge Both Your Headphones and Phone
Charging is essential as Bluetooth devices have trouble connecting on low charges, which puts a load on their processor and cannot run optimally. This is why it’s a good practice to charge your devices before pairing so they don’t have any trouble during the pairing process.
2. Turn Bluetooth on
Turn on Bluetooth on both devices. This might look like turning on the power button so the LED light turns on for your headphones. For wireless earbuds, this might include taking them out of their charging case.
3. Put Into Pairing Mode
This also depends on your particular type of headphones. Some headphones automatically go into pairing mode, while others require extra steps. Refer to your specific headphone manual for this.
4. Go to Bluetooth on Your Phone
Also, turn on the Bluetooth setting on your Android phone. Go to settings > Bluetooth and turn on the Bluetooth option from there.
5. Scan for New Devices and Pair
Once you’ve turned on Bluetooth, there should be an option on the screen that will make your device scan for nearby Bluetooth devices.
6. How to Unpair Bluetooth From Your Phone
If you’re trying to connect a new pair of headphones to your phone, it’s a good idea to let go of other devices when pairing a new pair of headphones. This is because they might disrupt your connection. If you want to disconnect a pair of headphones.
- Go to settings > Bluetooth
- Find your headphones in the list of connected devices.
- Click on the arrow to go to their settings.
- Now click unpair, and your previous headphones will be unpaired from the device.
How to Connect Your Bluetooth Headphones to an iPhone (ios)
- Turn on Bluetooth on Your Device
- Go to Settings > Privacy & Security and tap Bluetooth.
- Put your headphones into discovery mode.
- Turn on your Bluetooth headphones and put them into discovery mode so your iPhone can easily find them. Doing this will also make your headphone pop up on the screen with the option to pair.
- Tap to pair
How to Unpair From Your iPhone
Go to Settings > Bluetooth
Look through the list and find the device you want to disconnect.
Click on the More Info button and then forget this device.
Connecting Your Bluetooth Headphones to an Android Tablet
- Open the settings app.
- Go to Connections or Bluetooth.
- Slide the toggle switch to the right to turn on Bluetooth.
- With Bluetooth on, put your headphones on discovery mode.
- If done correctly, you’ll see the name of your headphones pop up on the screen.
- Select the device to pair.
- Your headphones are now connected to your tablet.
Connect Your Bluetooth Headphones to an ipad
- Go to settings.
- Tap on Bluetooth.
- Slide the Bluetooth toggle to the right to turn it on.
- Put your headphones into discoverable mode.
- Your headphone name will pop up on the screen.
- Click to pair it with your headphones.
Disconnecting and reconnecting your headphones to your device is a good option if you run into issues. The process is similar to connecting your headphones for the first time.
- Firstly unpair or forget the name of your headphones from the list of devices you are connected to.
- Then repeat the process you used to connect them for the first time.
- Now you’ll be on your way to enjoying audio wirelessly.
Picking the Best Headphones
We have tested and posted reviews of a lot of good Bluetooth headphones. If you want a new pair of Bluetooth headphones, consider checking our reviews here.
Connecting your Bluetooth headphones to your phone might seem like a hassle on the first go, but it gets easier once you get the hang of it. We hope this article helped you pair your headphones to your phone or laptop.
If you are having trouble pairing your headphones, check our article on resetting your Bluetooth headphones. In it, we also discussed troubleshooting methods that will help you pair your headphones.
Samreen Parvez found her love for tech by messing around with the settings on her family’s old digital cameras. This led to a passion for different gadgets and a fascination with all the things they can do. Her interest in all things tech related, combined with a love for writing and research, led her to craft content at Tech Wizard.