If you’re a headphone user, you’ve probably already heard of boAt. The brand was founded in 2016 and has shown no signs of stopping ever since. According to 1Q 2023 reports, boAt currently has the largest share in the wearables market, with 25.6%.
For a brand as big as boAt, customer trust is an essential factor that can be earned by both providing warranty on their products and solving issues when they arrive.
BoAt has had a good rep regarding warranty claims, and a large chunk of their expenses goes towards them. As their revenue grows, their expenses also grow.
BoAt outsource their after-sale services, and their warranty claim expenses rose from 2.6X from Rs 52.7 crore to Rs 136.6 crore in FY22.
1. Check Out BoAt’s Website For Solutions to Common Problems
But how do you make a claim when issues arise with your boAt products? We’ve tried to cover the whole process in this guide, so stay tuned.
BoAt has many options for you to seek help from straight on their website. If you are facing any issues, then go to boAt’s support page, where they have listed all their products along with solutions and step-by-step instructions.
This section also features some video tutorials for common problems like one side of your Airdopes not working, charging issues, and connectivity issues.
When you scroll further down on the page, you get options to choose from all the different product categories that boAt offers.
We want to find a solution for say, boAt Rockerz 550, then choose Rockerz from the product menu page and then find your specific product, in this case, Rockerz 550 and click on it. A dedicated page will open up with all the information related to your specific product.
If you’re facing an issue, there is a Troubleshooting FAQ section that covers many topics. It includes subheadings like charging, sound quality, and Bluetooth connectivity. Under these sections is a list of related queries like “What to do if the sound is distorted or low quality?” or “What to do if the volume of the headphone automatically changes?”
2. Know What is Covered Under BoAt Warranty
Before you go into claiming your warranty, it is essential to know all of the terms and conditions. This will give you a good idea of everything covered in your warranty and all the things that aren’t to avoid confusion.
BoAt offers a one-year warranty on all their products, valid from the purchase date. This also means you won’t be able to claim it if 1 year has already passed.
The warranty covers damages that are caused by manufacturing defects or software issues. Things that are not covered under warranty are physical or electrical damage caused by wear and tear, accidents, or repairs on your own or by third-party vendors.
BoAt will also only accept your warranty claim with valid proof of purchase or if your information is complete. If boAt has replaced a product, then the warranty will only extend to 1 year from the purchase of the original product. BoAT will not accept any claims if warranty claims are carried out by third-party vendors not authorized by boAt.
3. How to Download Your Invoice?
The invoice is an essential part of claiming your warranty. Without proof of purchase, boAt will not proceed with your complaint.
If you’ve purchased your product offline, then make sure to dig up the receipt for your claim.
However, this process becomes easier since most of us do our shopping online rather than in-store.
In that case, here are some of the steps you can follow to download your invoice from a variety of online retailers’ websites.
- If you’ve made the purchase directly through boAt, then go to their official website.
- Login to the account you made the purchase through.
- On the top right section, you’ll find “My account.” Click on it.
- Then click on “Manage your order.”
- You’ll find an option to download your invoice when you spot the order.
- Log in to your Amazon account.
- Hover over to “Account & Lists.”
- Under “Your Account,” you’ll find “Your Orders.”
- Filter the date/year to when you purchased your boAt product.
- Once you find the order you placed, you’ll find an Invoice section in the top right corner of the website.
- Download the invoice and cross-check if your product is still under warranty period.
- Go to Flipkart and log in to your account.
- Once you log in, you’ll find your name on the screen.
- Hover over your name, and a drop-down menu will appear.
- Click on Orders.
- Find the order with your boAt product.
- You’ll find an option to download your invoice in the upper right-hand corner.
4. Registering Complaints on BoAt’s Website
To avail of your warranty, you first have to register your product on boAt’s official website.
Go to the support page on boAt’s website.
- Scroll down the page to find a “Claim your warranty” section.
- To directly go to the page, go to Google and search for “boat Warranty claim.”
- Click on the first result.
You’ll be redirected to a page that looks like this.
- This form will help you find the nearest service center to you. You can also start your warranty claiming process by filling out a form.
- For the product group, fill in the product category your particular product belongs to (Eg:- Bluetooth Earphones/Headphones or Wired Earphones/Headphones.
- Product Name – As you start typing in the product name, you’ll receive prompts, and you can select your product name from the list. (Eg:- Rockerz 510 Red, Rockerz 600 Black)
- Pincode – Enter the Pincode of the area that you live in. If the pin code you entered is not serviceable, try an alternate one.
- If there is a service center available where you live, then you’ll get a screen like this with the address and contact info of the service center nearest to you.
You wouldn’t need to register your complaint online as this process will occur at the service center.
In the case that a service center is not available near you, you would be eligible for a door-to-door replacement service. You’ll get a “complaint registration” form like the one below that you can fill out.
5. Process of Warranty Replacement
Once you’ve filled out the complaint registration form, an AWB or Airway Bill will be created and issued to one of boAt’s courier partners.
The turnaround time for picking up the faulty product from you is between 0 – 3 business days.
After issuing the replacement product, it takes 0 – 5 business days for the shipment to reach you.
If there is any delay in this product, then you can email boAt at [email protected] or call their customer service number at 022-6918-1920 for assistance.
6. Check The Status of Your Warranty Claim
- Go to the boat’s support website.
- Scroll down the page and find Track your Warranty Ticket. Click on the link.
- You’ll get a page like this.
- Fill in the details that are asked in the form. Enter your mobile number along with your ticket number.
- After the details are filled in, click on track. Your warranty status will then be displayed on the screen.
We hope this article proved useful in nudging you to go claim the warranty on your boAt product.
BoAt has had a good track record of solving warranty claims, so if you were to make a claim, there is a good chance that it would end up getting resolved.
The process is also relatively simple, and if you follow all the steps, your claim will get through, and you’ll get a replacement in place of your damaged product.
Samreen Parvez found her love for tech by messing around with the settings on her family’s old digital cameras. This led to a passion for different gadgets and a fascination with all the things they can do. Her interest in all things tech related, combined with a love for writing and research, led her to craft content at Tech Wizard.